Sunday, August 14, 2005

Nokia 3120: Second Impressions

After nearly two weeks of use.


  • I have better reception in my apartment than I did before -- Cingular GSM seems to have caught up with, and here surpassed, TDMA.
  • By default, the phone does not show the current time in the top right corner. Why not? Half the people I know use their cell phone as a watch. (Clock on the microwave...stupid. No clock on cell phone...stupid.) Some poking in the menus made it appear.
  • The colour menus aren't as bad as I feared. You can select between grid view (messy colour icons) and list (slightly annoying colour highlighting).
  • You can turn call volume up fairly high, but it does distort a little. I think the 8260 had better fidelity, but lower maximum volume. It's hard to compare this from memory.


I still want an N90.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home